The Colorado State Fair
Posted by Client Care on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 at 4:33pm.
In many states, the state fair has become legend, which is also definitely the case for our own Colorado State Fair! A long standing tradition that has grown from a small horse show into a massive entertainment production that lasts about 2 weeks, this fair has it all! If you have not already marked your calendar for August 23rd through September 2nd, do so now! The concert lineup is off the hook, the rodeo promises extreme action, and the family events are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Tickets are running out fast for this year’s hottest events so get online today and check out the entertainment extravaganza for yourself. Also please note the Fair will be trying a few new things like moving over to a cashless payment system and really pushing their green initiative. The Colorado State Fair brings in hundreds of thousands of people each year and keeps them coming back. If you have never been before, 2013 is the year to make the journey to historic Pueblo, Colorado!
If you can believe it, the history of the Colorado State Fair actually supersedes the actual date Colorado became a state! Getting its start by ways of a horse exhibition in 1869 and drawing about 2000 spectators, the Colorado State Fair is now the largest annual event in the entire state. In its 100 plus years of existence, it only cancelled once, which was in 1819 during the WWI. Instead of playing host to its usual guests that year, the Army National Guard used it as a training facility.
The fairgrounds are located at 1001 Beulah Ave. Pueblo, CO 81004 and operates Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 11pm. Friday to Sunday and on Labor Day they are open from 10am to 11pm. General admission is $7 during the weekdays and $10 during the weekend. Kids 5 years and under are free, but must be accompanied by an adult ticket purchase. Carnival, special events, concerts, rodeo times and prices vary, so be sure to check the exact details out online. For your convenience there is also a shuttle that runs from the Main Street Garage to the fair gates for only $2! The fairgrounds do not allow outside food and beverages, coolers or even the smallest of our k-9 pals, so just leave those things at home.
In the parade there will be more than 100 floats, bands, animal drawn vehicles, antique cars and custom vehicles.
The new recycling program that was rolled out in 2010 has been met with great enthusiasm by the crowds and city, so all folks are encouraged to use the labeled recycling receptacles. Also this year, visitors will be transitioning into a cashless payment system that will allow patrons to load as much or as little as they want on a prepaid card.
2013 ENTERTAINMENT LINEUP
• PRCA RAM RODEO WITH RANDY HOUSER - Presented by Big R Stores Friday, August 23, 2013 - 7:00 PM
• FIGHT BRIGADE MMA #2 - Friday, August 23, 2013 - 7:30 PM
• PRCA RAM RODEO WITH DWIGHT YOAKAM - Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 7:00 PM
• PRCA RAM RODEO WITH AMERICAN FREESTYLE BULLFIGHTS - Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 7:00 PM
• PRCA RAM RODEO WITH GLORIANA - PRESENTED BY CSU-PUEBLO - Monday, August 26, 2013 - 7:00 PM
• PRCA RAM RODEO & COWBOYS KICKIN' CANCER NIGHT - Tuesday, August 27, 2013 Calcutta: 6:00 PM Ranch Rodeo: 7:00 PM
• RANCH RODEO - Wednesday, August 28, 2013 Calcutta 6:00 PM Rodeo 7:00 PM
• THE OAK RIDGE BOYS - Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM
• LITTLE BIG TOWN WITH GUEST DUSTIN LYNCH - Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM
• SEETHER WITH SPECIAL GUESTS 10 YEARS & EYE EMPIRE - Friday, August 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM
• MONSTER TRUCKS - Friday, August 30, 2013 - 8:00 PM & Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 1:00 PM
• DEMOLITION DERBY - Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 7:00 PM
• LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM
• CELEBRACION DE LOS CHARROS - Sunday, September 1, 2013 - 7:00 PM
• CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVISITED - Sunday, September 1, 2013 - Following the Rodeo
• COLORADO STATE FAIR PARADE - Aug 24, 2013 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!