2013 A Year to Remember For Colorado’s Weather!
Posted by Client Care on Friday, December 20th, 2013 at 8:40am.
When making small talk with people, one of the most popular topics to choose is the weather. Well, if you live in Colorado where the saying, “if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes,” is heard all too often, you know that our weather can be big news and sometimes makes major headlines! Before this year, which has proven to be one of the craziest weather-wise our state has seen in over 1000 years, this used to be something that only our Colorado residents truly understood. Now however, the nation is also recognizing the power of Mother Nature through Colorado’s record setting year in weather.
Here is a quick recap...
In the last 365 days Colorado has seen:
- Record highs like Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 where it was almost 70 degrees,
- Biblical downpours causing unheard-of flooding,
- Periods of extended drought with watering and fire restrictions,
- Wind whipping tornadoes and gusts,
- Blizzard-like conditions producing massive amounts of snow,
- Thunderstorms that rattle your home and light up the sky,
- Below freezing temperatures,
- Snow and hail in the late spring and summer.
- Fall and summer seasons with perfectly tepid days, mild sun and zero breeze,
- Wonderful refreshing regular spring showers accompanied by golden sunlight which turns everything the color of emeralds,
- Picturesque powder-like snow dustings that cover the Rockies and make skiers and snowboarders go gaga,
- Warm sunshine with a cool breeze back that can turn any patio into a retreat getaway,
- 40 degree differences from day to night creating unbeatable sleeping conditions,
- Partly sunny days which always turn out to be the best for our active outdoor sports culture.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!